DEAM provides emergency food and financial aid to those who meet eligibility requirements for residency (Service Area Map), financial distress and other criteria demonstrating critical need for emergency help for DEAM services.
|To see if an address is in DEAM’s service area, using Internet Explorer or Firefox, click on the map, then input address in Address Finder box (lower right corner.)|
DEAM requests for client service must be considered in person at the DEAM office at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 9-11:30AM, Monday-Friday. DEAM provides services to all qualifying residents without regard to race, gender, age, religion or sexual orientation. Due to limited financial resources, unfortunately it is not not always possible to help all qualifying residents.
Office Hours: 9-11:30AM Mon-Fri
DEAM Office (map)
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
515 E. Ponce de Leon Ave. (DEAM office entrance is on Sycamore Place)
Decatur, GA 30030
Note: Requests for aid must be made in person at DEAM office. Utility bill assistance is by appointment only. Call (404)373-2300 on Mondays or Thursdays at 11 AM to request an appointment time. Food and prescription assistance is provided in person on a first-come, first-served basis.
Directions from Decatur MARTA Station exit: Go left on Church Street. At first intersection, turn right onto E. Ponce de Leon Ave. and go .3 mile/3 short blocks. Turn right on Sycamore Place. Holy Trinity Church is on corner of E. Ponce de Leon and Sycamore Pl. DEAM office entrance is at side of church, facing Sycamore Pl.)
To request DEAM services, please read carefully. For all services:
- Verify residency eligibility by referring to Service Area Map
- Residents must be at least 18 years old
- Must bring proof of current residency, such as current utility bill or lease contract. Drivers license not accepted as proof of address.
- Must bring social security cards for all family members seeking assistance
- If requesting financial aid for medical prescriptions, must also bring original doctor’s prescription.
- Please note: No financial aid for rent is available in 2013. If requesting financial aid for rent/mortgage, must also bring lease contract and documentation of overdue payments or eviction/foreclosure notice
- If requesting financial aid for utilities, must also bring current bill showing past-due payments for previous service at residence within the service area